A little hemp story…
Get to know a little about this controversial crop. It is truly incredible.
A little light education on the origination of 4/20
What is 4/20 and Why is it on April 20th?
“4/20 is the National Holiday for celebrating Cannabis Culture. Americans gather together around the country to celebrate Cannabis – a drug that still remains largely illegal in the US…
…Steven Hager, a former editor of the marijuana-focused news outlet High Times, told the New York Times that the holiday came out of a ritual started by a group of high school students in the 1970s. As Hager explained, a group of Californian teenagers ritualistically smoked marijuana every day at 4:20 pm. The ritual spread, and soon 420 became code for smoking marijuana. Eventually 420 was converted into 4/20 for calendar purposes, and the day of celebration was born. (A group of Californians published documents giving this theory legitimacy, but it’s unclear if their claims are valid.)”… –VOX full article
“…This group — Steve Capper, Dave Reddix, Jeffrey Noel, Larry Schwartz, and Mark Gravich — became known as the “Waldos” because they met at a wall. They would say “420” to each other as code for marijuana. Later, Reddix’s brother helped him get work with Grateful Dead bassist Phil Lesh as a roadie, so the band is said to have helped popularize the term “420.” On Dec. 28, 1990, a group of Deadheads in Oakland handed out flyers that invited people to smoke “420” on April 20 at 4:20 p.m. One ended up with Steve Bloom, a former reporter for High Times magazine, an authority on cannabis culture. The magazine printed the flyer in 1991 and continued to reference the number. Soon, it became known worldwide as code for marijuana. In 1998, the outlet acknowledged that the “Waldos” were the “inventors” of 420.”… TIME MAGAZINE full article
4/20 Trivia Facts
- Both marijuana smokers and non-smokers recognize April 20 or 4/20 as a national holiday for cannabis culture.
- 420, 4:20, or 4/20 (pronounced four-twenty) is a code-term in cannabis culture that refers to the consumption of cannabis, especially smoking cannabis around the time 4:20 p.m.
- April 20 has become an international counterculture holiday, where people gather to celebrate and consume cannabis.
- Many such events have a political agenda to advocate the liberalization / legalization of cannabis
- Many marijuana users protest in civil disobedience by gathering in public to light up at 4:20 P.M.
- In 2003, California Senate Bill 420 was introduced to regulate medical marijuana use, in deliberate reference to the status of 420 in marijuana culture. – Special Days of the Month – Full Article
Just a few amazing things about Hemp:
- A few AMAZING things about hemp
- Did you know there are THOUSANDS of uses for Industrial Hemp?
- TedX Talk with Tony Budden: An great talk about the many uses of Hemp. Well worth the 7 minute watch!
- Did you know the first American Flag was made of Hemp?
- Check out this video release by the USDA: Hemp for Victory – 1942
- Did you know hemp can be made into non-toxic, biodegradable plastic? In fact, our smokable storage containers are made with Hemp Plastic!
- Did you know Henry Ford made a hemp plastic car?
- Did you know you can build a house with hemp?
- Read about the benefits of CBG White
- Reefer Madness (1936) – The Original Anti-Weed Propaganda Film